Saturday 23 April 2016

Butterfly

When I saw April 2016 Stamp of the Month at From the Heart Stamps, I knew I would use the butterfly for a card. It reminded me of the one I cross stitched for my mom.



I colored the image with Distress Ink (Seedless Preserves) and glitter gel pens. Then I masked an oval around the butterfly and did the stripes, again with DI. I wanted the card to be a single layer at first, but then I changed my mind and used a design paper with matching color from my stash (Folia, Motivpapier Potpourri).


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and interesting take with our Sketch #148 this week. Love all the purple and how you´ve placed and centered the Butterfly.
    Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps !

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty. Love the way you've used part of the stamp of the month image. I love butterflies and this one is beautiful. Thank for playing along with us at FTHS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shades of purple! Thanks so much for joining us at FTHS this week!

    ReplyDelete